Facility Security Officer
Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 127
Position Title: Facility Security Officer
Now Hiring a Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Must hold an active Secret Clearance is required
As a Facility Security Officer (FSO), you will have the ability to provide support to our Corporate office in Reston, Virginia. An active Secret clearance is required along with the ability to commute to our corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with DCSA in filing necessary clearance paperwork for new employees and periodic reviews for current employees
- Maintain a working relationship with each contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances
- Prepare necessary paperwork in support of a DCSA review or annual visit and meets with DCSA representative upon request
- Process VARs through JPAS or as otherwise required by our clients and interact with government agencies on classified matters
- Daily duties will include conducting new employee briefings, exit interviews, and debriefings, investigating and reporting security violations, incident reports, and coordination of periodic reinvestigations and preparation of DD254 forms for subcontractors.
- Annual duties include conducting refresher training, self-inspections and DCSA security reviews
- Process background checks, badging requirements and other documents/forms that may be necessary for employee access to government/commercial sites and information (SCI/CAC/badges/tokens/etc.)
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and approvals for compliance with regulations
- Maintain reproduction and destruction capabilities of classified and/or proprietary materials
- Utilize JPAS in confirming, maintaining, and terminating clearances
- Provide employees with Security Briefings (annual, refresher, foreign travel, hostile intelligence) and explain AIS’ Security and Insider Threat Program to all new employees, and as needed for current staff
- Conduct annual security self-inspections, track corrective actions and communicate any deviations/findings with the sponsoring government agency
- Write security policies/procedures and prepare written reports of surveys and inspections
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DCSA requirements Investigate security infractions/violations, prepare reports and recommend corrective action to be taken
Profile of Success
- Must be certified as an FSO through the Defense Industrial Security Program with a minimum of five years of experience with DoD and Federal Security regulations
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to hold a US Security Clearance is required
- Completion of Formal DCSA Academy training course within one year of hire is a condition of employment
- Demonstrate working knowledge of government databases such as JPAS, eQIP, ISFD, eFCL, NISS, SWFT, STEPP, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all levels of internal and external customers, managers, employees, and contracts and security personnel
- In-depth experience with MS Office suite
- Understanding of NISPOM In-depth knowledge of the implementation of contract DD254's
- Experience with US IC agencies is highly desirable
Community / Marketing Title: Facility Security Officer
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.