Business Applications Architect
Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 133
Position Title: Business Applications Architect
Now Hiring a Business Applications Architect
As a Business Applications Architect, you will have the ability to contribute to the growth of our globally-respected Business Applications and Automation Practice by helping enterprise-grade organizations adopt the platform at scale and focus on the Microsoft Power Platform including PowerApps, Power BI, Flow, the Common Data Service, and Dynamics. Must be able to commute to Reston, Virginia.
- Serve as a lead by leading teams to help our clients adopt the Microsoft Power Platform as guided by the Power Platform Adoption Framework
- Identify risks to client engagements, formulate a course of action, assume responsibility for their resolution, and involve account/practice leadership when necessary
- Oversee client discovery workshops, requirements gathering, and documentation, and development of conceptual solutions across the entire solution/project/engagement
- Build best practice-compliant data models (i.e. multiple entities) across multiple solutions in the Common Data Service (CDS), based on established design Architect components in support of some combination of PowerApps, Power BI, Flow, and Dynamics 365 Deliver solutions in service to multiple industries and business functions Continue to develop your own horizontal (e.g. Human Resources, Asset Management) or vertical industry (e.g. Financial Services, Travel & Transportation) solution expertise
- Support AIS marketing activities through thought leadership via forums that might include Power Platform centric contributions to the AIS blog, presenting at community events (e.g. 365 Saturday or Power Platform World Tour), active and well-connected Twitter presence focused on Business Applications, primary authorship of white papers, etc.
- Provide technical pre-sales leadership including sales pitches, demos, pre-sales client meetings, envisioning workshops, relationship development, and other activities in support of sales opportunities
- Serve as the primary estimator for the level of effort and costs supporting Power Platform sales opportunities
- Provide pre-sales thought leadership and solution guidance in the management, writing, and architecting of proposals supporting Power Platform sales opportunities
- Develop AIS technical or delivery capabilities including the ongoing development of the Power Platform Adoption Framework
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with over five years of experience
- Experience leading entire business applications adoptions, projects, sales, and marketing efforts Be accountable for quality, timeliness, and delivery of entire projects on the platform
- Lead solution design activities across the entire solution/project/engagement
Community / Marketing Title: Business Applications Architect
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.