User Experience (UX) Architect
Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 141
Position Title: User Experience (UX) Architect
Now Hiring a User Experience (UX) Architect
As a User Experience (UX) Architect, you will be working with our development teams and clients to define, test, plan, and build complex applications through iterative research methods and proceeses. You must be able to commute to Reston, Virginia.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize at least four years of design experience, ideally across industries and sectors.
- Demonstrate experience in UX that spans two or three different disciplines, such as User Research, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, Interaction Design, Visual Design and/or UI Development.
- Ability to work closely with clients to define, test, validate and document user requirements through iterative research methods and processes.
- Lead clients and project teams through discovery to explore problem definition, build strategies and plan for comprehensive, user-centered solutions. Ability to gather, document and manage requirements with a user-centered approach.
- Effectively navigate different points of view, objectives and needs.
- Prepare and facilitate meetings, workshops, focus groups and interviews with stakeholders, subject matter experts and users.
- Knowledge and understanding of utilization of wireframes and prototypes to drive exploration and create a shared understanding around requirements.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas to clients, team members and managers through appropriate assets (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes, documentation, spreadsheets, sitemaps, user flows, personas).
- Articulate best practices in usability and interaction design.
- Knowledge of industry tools for creating documentation and assets to capture and communicate ideas (i.e. Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Adobe Experience Design, Sketch, Visio, Lucid Charts, etc.).
- Familiar with the latest trends and methods in the industry and have a strong understanding of different mindsets that enable teams to be innovative and successful, like Design Thinking, Lean and Agile.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Ability to commute around the entire DC metro area including downtown DC and Northern Virginia to work onsite with clients as needed.
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility standards.
- Understanding of Change Management principles & practices, and how the practice can intersect with User Experience Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Interaction Design, Interactive Media, Information Architecture, Library Sciences, Human Factors, Design (Graphic, Industrial) or equivalent.
Community / Marketing Title: User Experience (UX) Architect
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button above to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
- If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.