Cloud Software Architect
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 166
Position Title: Cloud Software Architect
Now Hiring a Cloud Software Architect
As a Cloud Software Architect, you will use cloud and architecture expertise to help global brands and federal agencies solve challenging problems through innovative technology solutions. Work on exciting projects, future-proof your skills, and grow into your dream job alongside some of the most talented, knowledgeable, and dedicated technologists in the industry. Must have the ability to commute to Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Interact directly with clients and stakeholders to understand their needs and goals
- Define the architecture for new development efforts and a path for cloud migration efforts
- Guide customers in selecting the appropriate cloud architecture and products
- Lead teams that design and deliver effective, high-quality solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Migrate existing applications and build new applications Mentor others to help them achieve their career goals
- Manage responsibility for project delivery, including meeting project schedules and quality objectives
- Support business development activities, including presentations, proposals, white papers, blog postings, and proof of concepts (POCs)
- Automate and script repetitive tasks, implement CI/CD processes, and strive for consistency and repeatability by using tools like PowerShell and Azure DevOps Work closely with cloud-native application architectures (PaaS, IaaS, microservices, containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns, and Infrastructure as Code)
- Address cross-cutting concerns – business, infrastructure, security, and development
- Produce design artifacts and documentation for solutions such as UML Diagrams and Flowcharts using tools like Visio and PowerPoint
- Manage and analyze test planning and execution to include performance, unit, and integration testing
- Work in an agile environment Lead and participate in SCRUM ceremonies, including daily stand-ups Design, write, troubleshoot, and document systems and application code
Profile of Success
- Experience with distributed systems (microservices, SOA, REST, ESB) and general industry-specific design principles and frameworks with a background with PowerShell scripting
- In-depth understanding of cloud architecture principles and patterns
- Experience leading members of a development team
- Experience designing, implementing and documenting scalable and highly-available solutions on a public cloud (Azure or AWS) Understanding of DevOps practices and automation tools Built, migrated, and monitored cloud applications
- Deep understanding of core cloud services (Storage, Compute, Networking) along with a broad knowledge of cloud service offerings
- Ability and desire to keep up with changing industry trends
- Previous exposure to technologies including SharePoint, Dynamics Platform (BI, CRM, PowerApps) and cloud technologies such as Azure, Office 365 and AWS Acquired TOGAF, Microsoft Azure, or AWS certifications
- Desire to blog and present on technical topics
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Architect
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: District Of Columbia, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.