Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 173
Position Title: Business Analyst
Now Hiring a Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst, you will be using Agile software methodologies to identify and capture an accurate case analysis to our client. You will be helping maintain and develop systems and models with your advanced skills. Must be able to commute to Baltimore, Maryland.
- Capture and transform stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces into customer features and requirements
- Elicit, identify, and capture functional and non-functional requirements through systems and use case analysis
- Develop system context models, use case models, user interface storyboards, business process flow models, and domain models
- Write use case specifications Identify and specify business rules and map rules to use cases Mock up UI designs in Visio, VS.NET, or other UI prototyping tools
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work
- Define an appropriate set of requirements definition and management tasks and estimate the work for their tasks and backlog items
- Provide support for review of requirements compliance and requirements management best practices and artifacts
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with agile development methodologies
- Have a demonstrated ability to work directly with client staff and in a team environment
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field, 6 years of software experience, and 2 years of business analyst experience
- Experience in custom application development on the Microsoft technology platform, Microsoft Office, and development tools to create innovative business solutions
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum Master, or other mainstream methodologies
- Working knowledge of iterative software development methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), or IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Perform mockup UI designs, report designs or other commercial reporting tool
- ScrumMaster certification Exposure to custom based SharePoint and CRM applications
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working knowledge of UML based modeling tools
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: District Of Columbia, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.