Cloud Solutions Architect
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Requisition Number: 208
Position Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
Now Hiring a Cloud Solutions Architect
As a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA), you will use cloud and technical architecture expertise to help global brands solve challenging problems through innovative technology solutions. Work on exciting projects, future-proof your skills, and grow into your dream job alongside some of the most talented, knowledgeable, and dedicated technologists in the industry. This position requires a background check and drug test. Must have the ability to commute to Baltimore, Maryland two to three times a week.
- Advise our client and assist them with cloud and digital transformation
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to gather requirements and convert them to generate appropriate systems design architecture documentation
- Lead the design and implementation of PaaS services, constructs and deployment methods including Database-as-a-Service, App Services, storage and automation
- Implement PaaS and IaaS solutions in a public cloud platform such as Azure and/or AWS
- Use Office 365 architecture experience to implement solutions with Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint Online, Flow, and Teams
- Use knowledge of identity and access management in on-premises solutions and the cloud inclusive of Azure AD Connect, ADFS, and third-party identity providers
- Define innovative solutions using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation templates
- Remain abreast of regulatory and compliance requirements in order to drive successful governance strategies
- Ability to educate and influence stakeholders and engineering teams on effective cloud solutions and best practices
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and eight years of professional experience in systems engineering
- Proven cloud infrastructure architecture experience
- Desire to mentor and train internal technical teams
- Must have experience in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders
- Passionate about emerging technology, want to pursue certifications, and the desire to further your cloud career
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP Addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls
- Proven expertise in the implementation of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI)
- Possess current industry-recognized certifications
- Actively participate in the technical community, including contribution to user groups, presenting, writing blogs, Stack Overflow, etc.
- Implemented a DevOps strategy in an agile/scrum environment
- Understanding of software development patterns and practices
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.