Cloud Solution Architects and Infrastructure Consultants
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 239
Position Title: Cloud Infrastructure Consultant
Boost Your Career as a Cloud Infrastructure Consultant at AIS
AIS is currently seeking Cloud Solution Architects and Infrastructure Consultants with experience in Microsoft products. Join our growing team of Microsoft MVPs, industry leaders, and solution developers that are passionate about exploring new possibilities through innovative technology solutions.
Use your cloud and architecture expertise to help global brands and federal agencies solve challenging problems through technology. Work on exciting projects, future-proof your skills, and grow into your dream job alongside some of the most talented, knowledgeable, and dedicated people in the IT industry.
Depending on Role, Responsibilities Include:
- Interact directly with clients and stakeholders to understand their needs and goals and guide clients in selecting the appropriate cloud architecture and products; collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to gather requirements and convert them to generate appropriate systems design architecture documentation
- Define the architecture for new development efforts and a path for cloud migration efforts
- Lead teams that design and deliver effective, high-quality solutions to solve challenging business problems and mentor others to help them achieve their career goals
- Work closely with cloud-native application architectures (PaaS, IaaS, microservices, containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns, and Infrastructure as Code) and address cross-cutting concerns – business, infrastructure, security, and development
- Lead the design and implementation of PaaS services, constructs and deployment methods including Database-as-a-Service, App Services, storage and automation
- Implement PaaS and IaaS solutions in a public cloud platform such as Azure and/or AWS (multi- or hybrid-)
- Use knowledge of identity and access management in on-premises solutions, and the cloud, inclusive of Azure AD Connect, ADFS, and third-party identity providers
- Define innovative solutions using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation templates
- Stay informed of regulatory and compliance requirements in order to drive successful governance strategies.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field with five to eight years of professional experience in systems engineering
- Proven cloud infrastructure architecture experience and a background with PowerShell scripting
- Experience designing, implementing, and documenting scalable and highly-available solutions on a public cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Desire to mentor and train internal technical teams
- Passionate about emerging technology, pursuing certifications, and the desire to further your cloud career
- Desire to blog and present on technical topics
- Possess current industry recognized certifications
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Solution Architects and Infrastructure Consultants
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: District Of Columbia, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.