Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Columbia, Maryland, United States
Requisition Number: 258
Position Title: Software Engineer Mid
Now Hiring a Cloud Software Engineer
As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to develop and design patterns for our client. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. Must be able to pass a background check and have the ability to work based out of Columbia, Maryland with a part-time presence on client site in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
- Build elegant, scalable, extensible, cost effective solutions with an eye towards innovation and agility
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making skills to understand client pain points and to self- troubleshoot as challenges arise
- Collaborate with other members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver project-based work
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Design, write, test, troubleshoot, and document application code
- Provide mentorship to junior Developers
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends
Profile of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred with over three years of experience with .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery) to develop software solutions
- Experience with Azure PaaS
- Experience with ASP.NET framework and design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, etc.
- Experience in both developing and consuming WebAPi Services, REST APIs, etc.
- Experience orchestrating microservices to create business APIs and REST API design and creation
- Strong understanding of the development life cycle in a SCRUM environment along with programming techniques and tools
- Database development experience to develop software solutions
- Strong desire to learn
- Previous agile/Scrum experience
- Exposure with cloud technologies (Azure, O365, AWS), SharePoint (2013+), .NET Core, and Dynamics
- Front end web development background with Angular and/or React
- Microsoft or developer related certifications
- Experience with git, Azure DevOps
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Engineer
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.