Junior Data Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 300
Position Title: Data Engineer
Now Hiring a Junior Data Engineer
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to streamline services for our clients. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. Must have the ability to commute to Austin, Texas.
- Ability to apply your skills in Azure Cognitive Services, Azure PaaS, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing
- Work in a team using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems and build solutions
- Interact directly with our client(s) to understand their needs and meet, or exceed their expectations by meeting delivery deadlines
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Design, write, test, troubleshoot, and document application code
- Provide mentorship to junior Developers
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends.
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Willing to learn data ingestion strategies and understanding of the V-dimensions of data (velocity, volume, variety, veracity)
- Some experience with Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Data Bricks, Stream Analytics)
- Proven experience developing Big Data solutions in the Azure space
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE
- Experience with Hadoop-based technologies (HDInsight, Spark, Hive, Pig, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Data Engineer
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.