Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Reston, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 370
Position Title: Business Analyst
Now Hiring a Business Analyst
Ability to maintain an Interim Clearance is required.
As a Business Analyst, you will be using Agile software methodologies to identify and capture an accurate case analysis to our client. You will be helping maintain and develop systems and models with your advanced skills. An Interim Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to either Reston, Virginia or Austin, Texas.
- Capture and transform stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces into customer features and requirements
- Must be able to manager and groom one or more product backlogs
- Must be able to gather requirements by traditional and nontraditional methods (e.g. noting implied actions items during meetings both formal and informal)
- Must be able to recognize any need for improved processes and be able to map, advocate for, and implement proposed changed to the existing process.
- Must be able and prepared to coordinate efforts across teams and projects, and be continuously tracking status for each.
- Must be able to perform various PMO functions, to include accountability of personnel, level of effort estimation, configuration and execution of reporting metrics.
- Elicit, identify, and capture functional and non-functional requirements through systems and use case analysis
- Develop system context models, use case models, user interface storyboards, business process flow models, and domain models
- Write use case specifications
- Identify and specify business rules and map rules to use cases
- Mockup UI designs in Visio, VS.NET, or other UI prototyping tools
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work
- Define an appropriate set of requirements definition and management tasks and estimate the work for their tasks and backlog items
- Provide support for review of requirements compliance and requirements management best practices and artifacts
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with agile development methodologies
- Have a demonstrated ability to work directly with client staff and in a team environment
Profile of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field, 6 years of software experience, and 2 years of business analyst experience
- Experience in custom application development on the Microsoft technology platform, Microsoft Office, and development tools to create innovative business solutions
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum Master, or other mainstream methodologies • Working knowledge of iterative software development methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), or IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Perform mockup UI designs, report designs and/or another reporting tool
- ScrumMaster certification
- Good writing skills
- CSM certified
- knowledgeable in DevOps, Dynamics, 0365 tool (Viseo, PowerPoint)
- Exposure to custom based SharePoint and CRM applications
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working knowledge of UML based modeling tools
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.