Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 491
Position Title: Data Engineer
Now Hiring a Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will use cutting edge data technologies to streamline services to our clients. Join our team of Data professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. No clearance required but must go through a DOJ Clearance process. This is a remote position, must be able to commute to the DC Metro Area.
- Experience being hands on with SQL
- Ability to write stored procedures, ETL scripts, and generating datasets
Profile of Success
- Conduct preliminary data evaluation and comparison between data feeds received from the vendor, optimize, standardize and consolidate to one data import process
- Work with SME, PO and the program analyst, update the current data model for enhance reporting capabilities.
- Implement an approach for memorialize data for audit reporting and record keeping
- Reporting ‐ Assist in building Minimum Required Operating Standards (MROS) Reports in PowerBI, to meet the reporting timeline.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for additional analysis
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
- Document process, standards and improvements
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location_formattedLocationLong: District Of Columbia, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.